Safety isn’t just in our culture. It’s the top priority for every member of our team.
A “Safety First” Mindset
A project is only successful if everyone involved goes home at the end of the day the same way they arrived: safe and healthy. At OSC, we know that a thorough, consistent safety plan not only improves job safety, but dramatically improves efficiency and quality.
We implement rigorous safety standards honed and refined over decades of “boots on the ground” experience.
- A multi-member safety committee that reports directly to the company’s president
- A formal written safety policy shared with every person who works on our job site
- Continuous involvement from our management and owners
- Drug and alcohol testing for every team member and subcontractor
- Comprehensive training including OSHA 10 Hour, OSHA 30 Hour, CPR and first aid
- Detailed on-boarding processes and procedures
- Robust pre-qualification for all subcontractors
- Weekly “Toolbox” safety meetings
- In-depth job site safety analysis
- Thorough safety audits and inspections
- Monthly superintendent meetings that review any safety incidents and refine best practices
- Continuing education with an in-house safety training instructor
From day one of a project, we implement a site-specific employee orientation and safety manual. Throughout the life of a project, we practice thorough accident investigation and reporting.
At O’Donnell/Snider Construction, safety is at the forefront of everything we do.
"We are very proud of our excellent safety record and positive safety culture. Because every job is unique, we are dedicated to continuous training and education, implementing best practices and developing new tools that help us achieve our safety goals and best serve our clients."
— Tony Muscat, Principal and Vice President