Safety isn’t just in our culture. It’s the top priority for every member of our team.
A “Safety First” Mindset
A project is only successful if everyone involved goes home at the end of the day the same way they arrived: safe and healthy. At OSC, we know that a thorough, consistent safety plan not only improves job safety, but dramatically improves efficiency and quality.
We implement rigorous safety standards honed and refined over decades of “boots on the ground” experience.
- A multi-member safety committee that reports directly to the company’s president
- A formal written safety policy shared with every person who works on our job site
- Continuous involvement from our management and owners
- Drug and alcohol testing for every team member and subcontractor
- Comprehensive training including OSHA 10 Hour, OSHA 30 Hour, CPR and first aid
- Detailed on-boarding processes and procedures
- Robust pre-qualification for all subcontractors
- Weekly “Toolbox” safety meetings
- In-depth job site safety analysis
- Thorough safety audits and inspections
- Monthly superintendent meetings that review any safety incidents and refine best practices
- Continuing education with an in-house safety training instructor
From day one of a project, we implement a site-specific employee orientation and safety manual. Throughout the life of a project, we practice thorough accident investigation and reporting.