OSC’s long-standing client, Memorial Hermann retained our services to collaborate on plans to expand their Sugar Land Hospital to increase capacity for patient care to parallel that of its growing community and to upgrade their existing pharmacy. Project Highlights of note:
- The expansion was executed in 8 concurrent phases, while the hospital continued to operate and meet the healthcare needs of the surrounding county. Our expert team conducted the work with zero interruptions to patients, while passing multiple TDSHS state inspections in the process.
- Scope includes various renovations on the first and second floors of the hospital, including a 12-bed observation unit on the 1st floor, a new CT Scan Room, administrative offices, plus various relocations throughout consisting of the gift shop, Hospitalist lounge and sleep room, Life Flight Lounge and staff breakrooms.
- The continual growth in the area prompted the hospital to add more licensed patient beds, therefore designating the 5th floor of the East Bed Tower to be buildout as a 30-bed patient room unit.
- Interior fast paced renovation of existing fully operation pharmacy within the Sugar Land Hospital facility including USP 797 & 800 Standard upgrades to achieve required code compliance. OSC worked with and around this operational pharmacy which continued its 24/7 operation un-interrupted. This small scale project was phased to allow for the pharmacy to remain operational while MEP and architectural upgrades were implemented.
- Extensively dust/infection control measures were pro-actively jointly planned with the facility and maintained throughout construction.